Friday 26 April 2013

Lovely Notebook Cover 美丽的书衣

In this electronic world, most people can't live without their electronic devices. No doubt it is really convenient to organize ones daily activities such as appointment, meeting, clearance sales (yup, to me it's an important event :D), to-do list using the electronic devices like smart phone or tablet. But for me, I still prefer the traditional way of organizing my day-to-day life ~ keeping a notebook. My sister-in law once teased me that my notebook is my 'smart book' haha...

The wonderful part of using a notebook is that I can add drawings, stickers, or stamped it. I can also paste name card, receipt or any interesting flyers onto the notebook. Notebook comes in different sizes and designs. I particularly like vintage and retro designs. As for the notebook size, I go for A6 size. It is not too big nor too small, just ideal to be put inside a handbag. Every time I visited the bookstore or stationery shop, I just can't help checking out their collection of notebooks! Prices of the notebooks also vary depending on the brand and quality. There are expensive and exclusive ones like Moleskine, which I would love to have one myself, there are also inexpensive ones which are affordable by all levels of people.

I have no budget for a Moleskine at the moment, but I can make a unique notebook cover for my inexpensive notebook. I came up with two designs of notebook cover. Both are  using the combination of polka dot fabric and floral prints fabric. I love it!

Sweet pink polka dot with tiny floral prints
Little brown spot with vintage floral prints
New handmade clothes for my notebooks
Printed cotton tape adds the finishing touch to the piece

  

No comments:

Post a Comment