Tuesday 9 December 2014

Frozen Inspired Princess Elsa Dress 冰雪奇緣 ~ 公主洋装

A couple of months ago, a friend was asking me if I could sew a dress for her little girl's birthday. It's the dress of the most popular Disney Princess (I guess for now), Princess Elsa. Well, I have sewn simple skirts and shorts  for my children, but a dress, I haven't done it before. This friend, has been very supportive and encouraging. She said it doesn't has to be a perfect dress. She is also very sweet, done the search on the web on Elsa dress tutorial and shared it with me. Part of me wasn't very sure about the project, and another part inside me asked me to give it a try. 

I was given quite an ample time to complete the project. The deadline is the little girl's birthday in December. I didn't have the confidence in the beginning and wasn't sure if I can do it, hence didn't start the project after some time and my excuse to myself was there isn't suitable fabric to make the dress yet :p

Then one fine day, I found the fabric, though not the exact colour of Elsa dress, but I thought it would be perfect for the dress. It's the end of roll fabric, so I bought it all, needed the extra just in case I have to try it a few times before getting the piece right :) 

Thanks to the tutorial provided by my friend. I managed to complete the dress in time for the little girl's birthday. I have also used the left over fabric to make another piece for my girl. There isn't enough fabric to make a same length circle skirt, so I made a high low circle skirt for my girl instead. It turned out fine as well. For those who are interested to try, here is the tutorial http://thegirlinspired.com/2014/06/elsa-dress-tutorial/ . Fyi, I did make some modifications to the original pattern.

I'm glad that both girls are really happy with their dresses. Happy birthday to both December baby! Hope this specially custom made dress would add to their sweet memories.

I would like to thank my friend for her idea and encouragement, without it I think I wouldn't have completed the dress. Thanks PY!




Little Princess Elsa - a friend's daughter
Cute little princess
Do you want to build a snowman?
Another happy princess
High low circle skirt
Very happy with her birthday dress
Back of the dress

2 comments:

  1. Still have to thank for your magic hands to make my wish come true. It's all on your own efforts and passion. Never try never know, never learn never experience! Little Xin Qi loves it so much..Arigato!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome! Thanks again for the sweet encouragement! Yes, couldn't agree more with you, never say never :) Really glad that your little angel loves the dress.

      Delete