Friday 3 July 2015

Zentangle Art 禅绕画

I attended Zentangle art class with my girl during the December school holiday last year. Just realised that I haven't shared about it here. It was really a wonderful experience.

Zentangle is a form of art that is easy to learn, no complicated techniques and tools involved. Even a child can do it. The founders of Zentangle, Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas said "Anything is possible, one stroke at a time". Structured patterns is used to create beautiful images in Zentangle. Zentangle helps to increase focus and at the same time relax our minds. No eraser or ruler is required in performing Zentangle. Similar to metaphors of lives, there is no 'eraser' to erase what we have done. Just follow the path and we will find our own ways. No right no wrong in Zentangle. Just draw it :) Everyone is special, so does Zentangle piece, each and everyone is unique and beautiful.

For those who are interested to find out more about zentangle art, here is the web page www.zentangle.com


The work of my daughter and I at Zentangle class (guess which one is mine? )
The work of everyone at Zentangle class. No two pieces of Zentangle are the same :)
Another piece of work of my daughter and I
Bought Zentangle book to practice at home
Zentangle kits
Latest Zentangle work
My daughter's latest piece of Zentangle. She called it 'Walking Banana" :)


7 comments: