Friday 4 March 2016

Baby Shoes ~ 娃娃鞋

An old friend has given birth to a baby boy last year. She has been wanting a baby for many years, and finally God answered her prayers. We were all so happy for her. Since the birth of the baby, I have been thinking of what to make for the baby. I want to make something special. 

One fine day, I saw a friend posting on Facebook about the baby shoes she made for her girl when she was little. Yes, this is it I want to make a pair of baby shoes for my friend's baby. I then searched the web and ordered a book on baby shoes sewing. I received the book about a month later. 

Then the next thing is to decide on what fabric to use. It was not easy. I have quite a number of choices for a baby girl, but not for baby boy. At the end, I decided to pick denim fabric, which is a popular material for people regardless of age. 

Here it is my very first pair of handmade baby shoes. I didn't have the chance to make baby shoes for my children when they were little. Now, I was given a chance to make it for my friend's baby and I am glad. 

I have also made a cloth story book for the baby. It's a story about Pooh and his friends. Book is man's best friend, hope this is book will be baby Jordan's very first best friend. :) 

 
My very first pair of handmade baby shoes

Cloth book

A gift of love

No comments:

Post a Comment