Sunday 6 October 2013

Ballet Shoes Bag 2 芭蕾舞鞋包

Quite a number of my daughter's friends at the ballet school like the ballerina bag that I had sewn for her. Even her ballet teacher likes it very much too. :)  

I was asked by her ballet teacher if I could sew a few bags for the school. Wow, what a surprise! I agreed to try and come up with a few designs and show them. 

What I had in mind is to make something small for a start. I decided to sew ballet shoes bag. After trying making using different patterns and measurements, I'm finally satisfied with the third piece I sewn. First one was made a bit smaller than the expected size. So, the second piece I improved on the measurements. The size of the second piece came out just right but I wasn't satisfied with the finishing of the drawstring part. Hence, I made the third one. At last, I'm pleased with the third one, it came out the way I wanted it to be.

I used different colour combination of fabric to make three ballet shoes bag. I love to play with mix and match!

It was such a good opportunity for me to improve further on my skills as well as creativity. Here it is, the three ballets shoes bags I had sewn over the week. 

I plan to make another one with apple green fabric. Stay tuned!


The third piece - purple ballet shoes bag
Ballerina cotton tape as the cord casing
Sweet ballet tutu image made using felt, ribbon and fabric net
The second piece I made - pink polka dot matched with tiny floral prints
Sweet pink ballet shoes bag with ballet shoes image
The first piece I made - baby blue polka dot matched with blue strips
Baby blue ballet shoes bag

No comments:

Post a Comment