Friday 20 December 2013

Rag Doll Bag 布娃娃包包

This time I challenged myself to make a rag doll. I love rag doll since I was little but I've never make one myself until recently. I've got the pattern from a craft magazine. But I changed the hairstyle and the hood pattern to my liking. 

This rag doll that I made is to be used as an embellishment on the bag that I'm sewing for a friend. A bag for a little girl. This time I choose a lilac fabric with tiny polka dots. I think the lilac colour suits the little girl well. The reason I made a rag doll for this bag, well, I think it's every little girl's dream to have a rag doll that they can play with and bring to bed every night. Though this is not a complete doll, but it can be detached from the bag. It can be attached to other bags or clothes or any items that you can pin on.

I'm quite happy with the rag doll face. Next, I would venture into making a complete doll. :)


Rag doll face with hood
Rag doll back - a corsage pin is attached
Rag doll face attached to a bag
Rag doll face that is detachable
The other side of the bag - with two little pockets
Close up look of the pockets
Multi-colour polka dots fabric is used to make the inner lining of the bag
Bag handle decorated with lace
A handmade rag doll bag




No comments:

Post a Comment