Monday 9 December 2013

Sunbonnet Sue Bag 苏姑娘包包


I was contemplating on the design of the second bag I am making for my friend. I wanted a different look.

I went through my collection of craft magazine for inspiration. Then, I saw one bag made using plain colour fabric with applique doll image, hey I told myself for this bag I'm making I can use plain colour fabric as the main body and sew on pockets and other embellishments to add style. With that imagination in my head, I sketched the imagine of the bag on my notebook. And based on that I came out with this bag. 

I must admit that there were errors made along the way when sewing this bag. I have to remove the stitches several times and redo it. Nevertheless, I'm glad with those mistakes I made. I believe that's how skills can be developed :)


Sunbonnet Sue girl bag
Combination of off white linen fabric & 
Sunbonnet Sue prints fabric
Elasticated pockets


Cotton handle
Inner lining of the bag
DIY fabric covered button -Little birdie
 DIY fabric covered button -
Sunbonnet Sue image





No comments:

Post a Comment