Sunday 6 April 2014

Strawberries Skirt 草莓裙子

After the success of my first pair of summer pants for my boy. I tried making a skirt for my girl. Well, I thought sewing a skirt should be much easier than a pair of pants. Well, I was not entirely right.

Following the same steps for making the summer pants, I took my girl's existing skirt, traced and cut out the fabric. Big mistake! I forgot to make extra measurement for the skirt to flare. Too tight at the hip. So I removed the stitches and patched it with extra fabric. I also patched it with a different fabric to add a new dimension to the skirt.
Thank goodness that the skirt out turned out fine after the "restoration". 

I am so happy that I have learned another skill, to make a skirt. Looking forward to making more skirts!


Strawberries skirt
A little velvet ribbon to add style
Strawberries prints with tiny polka dot
Yey, a new skirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment