Tuesday 13 May 2014

Let's Go Holiday ~ Overnight and Weekend Bag 走,旅行去吧!

I'm very delighted to know that a young mother at my daughter's ballet centre like the ballet bags I made and told me that she found them very interesting. That's such a sweet and encouraging comment! :) She asked if I could make an overnight or a weekend bag for her. Her favourite colour is purple. 

This is the second purple bag that I'm making in a row haha..Looks like purple is quite popular among the young mothers :) 

This overnight/weekend bag with measurement L16.5"xW9"xH13.5" is the largest bag I have ever sewn so far. It's spacious enough to pack in a few sets of clothes for a short breaks and weekend getaways. I have added an elasticated pocket inside the bag as the compartment to keep smaller items. There are also three outside pockets sewn to the bag, one in front and two at the side. 

I myself am really pleased with the outcome of this project. I hope the young mother will like it too.

A large pocket attached in front of the bag
The other side of the bag
Side pocket
The other side pocket
Elasticated pocket
Lace ribbon with DIY fabric covered button
Metal zipper closure

2 comments:

  1. Love it, Lin. Tq very much.. from CH

    ReplyDelete