Monday 25 August 2014

Cape Scandinavian Style 绚丽的披肩

This is the second piece of fleece cape that I made last week. This one is for a little girl. 

A plain shocking pink fleece was chosen by the mother of this little girl. Sometimes, I love to work on plain fabric without any prints, it allows me to employ my imagination and creativity with greater flexibility. 

There are several characters that this little girl adores. One of it is horse and I picked it as the image for this cape. Firstly, because this year is the year of the Horse and secondly horse image is easier to applique haha.

I cut out the heart shape and horses image from three different pieces of fleece and used zigzag stitch to applique it on the main fabric. Then, hand-sewn the edge of the fabric using blanket stitch. Lastly, a turquoise ribbon is added to fasten the cape.  

The combination of colour turned out to be quite Scandinavian. I love it!



A bright turquoise ribbon
Gorgeous cape for a little girl
Back view
Applique horse image


4 comments:

  1. The little owner of the cape says it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday night she mentioned the cape = little red riding hood

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh she is so sweet :) I will try to make one with the hood next time around. :)

    ReplyDelete