Monday 4 August 2014

Dino Backpack 恐龙小背包

Two years ago, I made a small backpack for my wee boy. But it turned to be too small for him. Can't actually fit in a tumbler but can put in his toys cars and trains. So it wasn't that useful. That was my first attempt to make a backpack. So this time, I determined to make a more useful one, that's at least can fit in a tumbler, a pair of clothes and his toys. 

I have been looking for a backpack pattern but most of them are too complicated. Finally, I found it from a Taiwan craft book. The pattern is really easy. It's just a drawstring bag with a flap and a pair of backpack straps. 

My boy is a Dino-maniac, so I picked a dino print fabric to make the backpack. I especially love the part where you can design the flap with the character you like. The one I made here is a teddy bear face (as I don't know how to sew a dinosaur face haha..)

My boy likes the backpack a lot and tried to show it off to his cousin brothers who are also Dino-maniac like him :)


Dino backpack
Back view
Hand stitch teddy bear face
Drawstring opening
Ready for an adventure with my wee boy

No comments:

Post a Comment