Friday 28 December 2012

Handmade Teddy Bear & Bunny 手作泰迪熊及班尼兔

I was told there is a new hangout place in Penang Island called the Straits Quay and they run a weekend market selling all sort of stuff on every Saturday and Sunday. I am a zakka maniac (or some people would call it junk maniac :p), for sure I have to visit this place!

So during my last trip to Penang, I managed to visit Straits Quay weekend market. It turned out to be quite a disappointment as there were not many stalls at the weekend market. Nevertheless, I came across a stall selling handmade (fabric) teddy bear and bunny. Lots of different sizes and patterns of teddy bears and bunnies! All very lovely! They also sell DIY kits for people who would love to make their own teddy bears or bunnies. I couldn't resist and bought two DIY kits, a medium size teddy bear and a small size bunny.The pack came with all the accessories and tools you need to complete the bear or bunny; buttons, fabric, threads, needle, except the fiber fill. The lady who was manning the stall explained to me step-by-step how to make the bear and bunny and she even showed me how to sew the bear/bunny's nose and mouth beautifully.

Honestly, the instructions in the kits aren't very clear. But luckily, the lady at the stall explained the steps quite clearly so I managed to complete the teddy bear and bunny based on my memory (I started the project few weeks after I bought the kits, thank goodness that my memory didn't fail me haha). 

Here is the teddy bear and bunny which my children bring to sleep very night. :)

身为杂货迷,我一直都很留意那儿有所谓的周末市场或是跳蚤市场,以便我可以在那儿寻找一些小玩意,淘淘宝。。。:)
檳岛的 Straits Quay 是我最近去过的周末市场。老实说,对它是有一些小失望。因为档口没有我想象的多及特别。不过还是有一个吸引到我的啦,开始淘宝行动啦。。。。。
这是一个卖布娃娃的小档,摆放了很多不同造型的泰迪熊及班尼兔等等。好可爱呀!!!
我儿子看了也一直吵着要买,可见它们是多么的招人喜欢呀!结果我就买了泰迪熊及班尼兔各一个,不过是 DIY 包的。每个包内都提供了所需的物品以及最重要的制作步骤。
在美女档主细心的讲解制作步骤后,一切都变得简单了。
看,这就是每晚陪着我孩子睡觉的泰迪熊及班尼兔啦!!!


Best Friend Forever - Teddy & Bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment