Monday 10 June 2013

Book Binding 手作书

It was about two years back when I first learned of book binding art from an inflight magazine. There was an article about a lady who conducted book binding workshop and also showcasing pictures of her beautiful work. I was so impressed with the craftwork created by her. I tried to get in touch with her to sign up for her next coming workshop. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the one that fit my schedule. I slowly forgotten about it after a few months and swamped with my work. 

Years passed, then about a month ago, I saw the posting in Facebook about a book binding workshop. I got so excited. I know I have to sign up for this one. I dragged my sister-in law along to the workshop too as she is as crazy as I'm when comes to crafting. 

The class was so fun. It's not as difficult as I thought it would be. The tools and equipment needed to bind a book are nothing fancy too. I have bought books about book binding and I haven't a clue on those instructions written in the book so I gave up. I'm so glad that I've signed up for the workshop. 

You can learn more about the wonderful book binding instructor here @ LittleSyam

This is my first ever hand-sewn book, I'm so proud of myself :)

Simple tools/equipment require for book binding
kettle stitch binding - isn't it beautiful
Front cover of the book - with cute little cat zipper charm as bookmark
I chose a different design of fabric for back cover, I think it's cool
My first hand-sewn book



No comments:

Post a Comment