Saturday 17 August 2013

An unexpected Gift 一份意外的礼物

I have been in love with crafting since I was little. Well, it started off with simple craft like greetings card making, bookmark and scrapbook making then. I enjoy the process of making and creating from basic material to an end product. It is an amazing experience to see how simple things can be transformed to something beautiful & useful; from a piece of paper to a greeting card, a few pieces of cloth to a functional table map, a few pieces of papers & chip-boards to a book, a few blocks of clay to a nice figurine, a bit of flour, eggs and sugar to a bread, and so on so forth.

My inspiration of crafting came from my daily activities, from people around me; a messy dinning table, a pile of unsorted photos, someone's birthday, a friend giving birth to a baby, a heavy schoolbag...it's just that simple, to make & create for people that I care and love and also for those who appreciate handmade things.

I received an invitation for an interview with Sin Chew Daily for their column on craft and handmade. It was really a surprise! I'm really thankful that I was given such an opportunity to share my craft work.

我从小就喜欢动手制作小东西。剪剪贴贴做卡片,书签,剪贴簿。我很享受制作的过程,是一种很棒的感觉。看着一样简单的东西如纸张,布料,变成卡片,包包,书本,创作的力量真的是不可思议!

我的创作灵感来自我的日常生活,我周围的人与物; 一张零乱的餐桌,一叠未整理的相片,一个朋友的生日,一个刚生产的朋友,一个沉重的书包,都是创作灵感的来源。就是那么简单。为我关心及关爱的人所做,为珍惜手作的朋友而做。

我很意外的收到星洲日报的邀请以做一个採访,一个关于我的手作的专访。我真的很幸运可以有这个机会与更多的人分享我的作品。感恩!

在这里我要向大家分享有关的报导,谢谢!




星洲日报专访 :你教我学 - 手工书



No comments:

Post a Comment