Wednesday 21 August 2013

DIY Photo Book - DIY 相簿

This is the second DIY photo book that I'm making. I always like to add caption/story and other decorating stuff into my photo album. Hence, before I learned to make a book I usually go for self-adhesive photo album which is more flexible in usage. It's even more exciting now that I can make my own! I can create my own photo album cover and decorate the album the way I like.

I used two different designs of fabric for the front & back cover of the album. The front cover is using the fabric from Ikea (Tidny design). A black & white checked fabric is used for the back cover. As for the paper, acid free paper is used to better preserve the photos. 

To add character to the piece, I coloured the letter box red using Pentel fabric pastel. I love the effect of the red letter box against the black contour lines. :)

Here it is, my DIY photo album.

Front cover - using fabric from Ikea
Book bound with Kettle Stitch using colourful cotton threads 
Back cover
DIY photo book to keep precious memories
DIY photo book
Letter box coloured using Pentel fabric pastel

2 comments: