Thursday 20 March 2014

Summer Shorts 夏日裤

I love shopping for fabric. But most of the time I don't what I want to do with the piece of fabric when I bought it. Well, I know I will use it to make something one day haha..

For all the fabric that I have in my collection, those boyish print fabric are the one I hardly touch. Well, I simply have no idea what to make for boy. Unlike for girl, I can sew bags or make hair accessories but I don't know what to sew for boy. I have yet to master the skill of clothes making. I've bought books on clothes sewing, but it's too complicated to follow or rather I need someone to enlighten me on that skill. Recently, I stumbled upon a website, I found a tutorial on making kids shorts. I must say that the tutorial is very easy to follow. I was so excited after reading it. It gives me some confident to start sewing. So, the next day I dug out the boyish fabric in my collection and started making the shorts. Apart from the elastic band which was cut a bit too long, I'm pretty pleased with the overall result. 

For those who are interested to make this easy summer shorts, here is the link to the website: vixen Made.


Road sign cotton prints summer shorts

First attempt to sew a summer shorts
My boy is cooperative enough to pose for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment