Sunday 6 January 2013

Ballet Shoes Bag

Of late, there is a great fervor over felt in crafting. Honestly, I don't quite like felt stuff, as it attracts dust easily. Nevertheless, I bought some anyway from a local craft shop to try and see if I can make use of it in my crafting. There are different types of felt and of course the prices are also different. The type that you can get from stationery/book shop is cheaper but it is usually harder and not so good for craft work. The softer type of felt you can get it from craft shop or shop that sell sewing tools and accessories. Felt also comes in many colours and patterns. You can buy pre-cut felt or it also be purchased by meter. Of course, it is cheaper if you buy it by meter. But if you don't need that much, it is more economical to buy the pre-cut one. As for me, I bought the pre-cut felt to try it on my project. 

My girl loves to dance. In order to help her develop further her interest, we signed her up for ballet lesson. There are two pairs of shoes that she needs for her ballet lesson; ballet leather shoes and ballet character shoes. I don't like her to just chucked her shoes in the bag every time she goes for her ballet lesson. To solve the problem, I made her a shoes bag to keep her dancing shoes. I used the felt to make the image of ballet shoes. 

Now the ballet shoes have a home. :) My girl's friend at the ballet class like it so much that she asked me to make one for her too!


 Ballet shoes pattern made from felt

No comments:

Post a Comment