Wednesday 16 January 2013

Kitchen Window Curtains

Chinese New Year is around the corner. I'm sure all who celebrate it is busy spring cleaning the house, I'm no exception. Some households may buy a few new furniture and decoration for the house to welcome the lunar new year. Purchasing of new things, to Chinese, symbolizes a fresh start. 

Instead of buying new, I'm going to make it myself this year. First in the list, I want a new look for my kitchen, no budget for a big renovation, I will do it in a small scale. A nice curtain would definitely give a fresh look to the kitchen! Though red is the predominant colour used in Chinese New Year, as it symbolizes joy and prosperous, I go for blue for my kitchen window curtain. I like blue because it brings peace and calm. I always dream of a cottage country kitchen, though I can't have it entirely, I can have it partially and I'm happy :)  



Lovely zakka style curtains

Favourite spot in the kitchen

1 comment:

  1. Nice and cute. Will you buy window shades for your house? Check out the link and see lovely designs.

    ReplyDelete