Saturday 2 March 2013

Baby Gift - Part 2

In my last blog entry, I mentioned about the fabric ball. I initially thought of making one for my friend's little one. After finished sewing the fabric ball, my son asked if it is for him. Well, I told him it's for my friend's baby but I can make another one for him. So I made another one for my boy. This time my girl asked what about her. Hm..no problem I can sew more fabric balls. So in the end, I made four colourful fabric balls!
I used the free pattern given at Grand Revival Design. I must say the fabric ball is not very round, more like pumpkin-shaped haha..need to improve further (no complaint from the kids though :p). 

Later, I found a tip on how to make the ball round: "cut the shapes on the bias to end up with a round ball". Hm..I have to try making the ball again using the tip. More fabric balls!

Blue shade fabric ball
Pink shade fabric ball
Green shade fabric ball
Colourful fabric balls
Perfect gift for baby/little kids

1 comment:

  1. It's a permanent fixture in his cot now. Love that it's made of fabric & thus washable.

    ReplyDelete