Thursday 21 March 2013

Fabric Dining Table Mats 幸福餐垫

Our dining table is the central of our family. It is the place where we spend most of our time together everyday, share and talk about our days. When relatives or friends dropped by for a visit, it is the dinning table that we all gathered around at and chitchat. It is also my favourite piece of furniture where I prepare my bread dough and sew (my house is rather petite, not luxurious enough for a sewing room ^_^).

Since it is the heart of our family, I try to make it as pleasant as possible (it can be challenging when you have small children in the house haha..). I like how some restaurants decorate their dining tables, so pleasing that it makes the dining so much more enjoyable. I tried to replicate this (as far as possible) at our own dining area. Still working hard on it :) Recently, I dressed up our dining area with new fabric dining table mats to add style to our dining. Dining table mats not only enhanced the appealing of dining area, they also make eating and wrapping up after eating neat and tidy.

Coming up next is coasters ..

一个幸福的家庭往往都会拥有一个很和谐的氛围,家里通常都会有一个全部家庭成员都喜欢聚在一起的地方。就有如我们家里的餐桌一样,一家人用餐的时候总是充满着欢乐温馨的气氛。

亲戚朋友到访时,除了客厅以外,餐桌就是我们围坐在一起品尝美食,谈天论地的小天地。除此以外,我家的餐桌更是我制作爱心面包,以及进行种种手作的地方。既然我家的餐桌如此的万能,当然不可以委屈它,有机会当然要好好的装扮一番。

今天我就制作了这两个款式的餐垫,名为“幸福餐垫”。:) 
黑白格子配上巴黎铁塔的款式是我家男生专用的;褐百格子配上明信片的款式则是我家娇骄女所使用的。用餐时看到桌子上的幸福餐垫,原本的家常便饭顿时变得不那么家常了,食物变得更加有卖相,更加的美味。

希望就有如其名,幸福餐垫能够让使用的人永远生活在幸福的氛围中。


I made two different designs
This one is black & white checked with Eiffel Tower print fabric
This one is brown & white checked with vintage postcard print fabric
I made two pieces for each design - Black series
Brown series



No comments:

Post a Comment