Thursday 6 February 2014

'My Melody' Sling Bag 斜肩包包


I have been wanting to sew a sling bag for my girl that can fit in a water tumbler. She actually has several sling bags but none can fit in a water tumbler. It made her outing a bit troublesome sometimes. She would bring two bags; one to keep her belongings and one to put her water tumbler.

I managed to squeeze in a sewing project for my girl just in time before I traveled back to my home town to celebrate Chinese New Year. Well actually, when I was making the bag for my friend's daughter, I made the wrong measurement and the fabric was cut a lot longer than needed. So I took the excess fabric and turned it into a sling bag. As a result of a mistake, I managed to make another bag in a shorter period of time than it usually take :) Sometimes, we have to be optimistic. A mistake can be a blessing in disguise (塞翁失马,焉知非福).

This bag was also produced in time for her to keep her Chinese New Year 'ang pow' :) 

My Melody sling bag
The height of the bag is just nice to fit in a water tumbler
I used a D ring for the strap so that it can be adjusted later (best possible solution as I don't have a buckle)
Bunny button
Large enough to keep lots of ang pow :)







No comments:

Post a Comment